Thursday, April 13, 2006

Eating solid food (happily)

Fae has been partially on a solid food diet since about mid-March (around 5 months.) Since then, we have gotten her to eat:

rice cereal
bananas
pears
applesauce (organic: apples, water, ascorbic acid/vitamin c)
NEW: squash!

We currently have her eating 3 meals a day: breakfast 8am, lunch 12pm and dinner 7pm!

She is still on breastmilk and takes 3 bottles during the day with her nanny, Jackie. I still breastfeed in the morning (7-8am) and evening (5-6pm, 9pm, midnight.)

I just went wild at the grocery store and bought her a bunch of those 4 oz jars of 1 ingredient baby food: sweet potatoes, peas, squash, green beans and carrots. These will be introduced gradually over the next month or so with strict observance of the 4-day rule (trying a food out for 4 days before moving on to the next!)

I also have all the equipment to start making the babyfood fresh to freeze it at home, but I figured I try all this out to see what she likes first before doing that. I'd hate to make a big batch of peas or green beans only to find out that should won't touch it.

No comments: