Wednesday, January 04, 2006

DHA Supplements

So, in the last few months of pregnancy, my OB told me it would be a good idea to start taking DHA supplements to aid in Fae's brain development. I wasn't clear on what DHA was or how it worked; I just listened to my doctor :)

I find out that this supplement is fairly expensive (about $15 per 30 capsules, a one month supply) but I do it anyway. Yoel and I (as have others) have been noticing Fae's above average development. Although, we can't scientifically attribute any developmental progress to the DHA supplements (I continue to take them while I nurse), nor can we confirm she is developmentally advanced, I will continue to take the DHA supplements while I breastfeed because, well, it can't hurt, right?

Here's the latest news article on the benefits of DHA: http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/514737/

No comments: